Shelly – This one is for you to always remember that Disney cruise ❤ 😉
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 3 small bell peppers, seeded and diced (Any color peppers will work, but the salad looks prettier with red, orange, yellow, etc.)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 can of sliced black olives
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes quartered
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa then add to a pot with 4 cups of chicken stock. Bring to a boil and stir frequently until all water is removed and quinoa is fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, wash and chop the peppers, tomatoes, olives and cucumbers.
- Then add cooked quinoa, peppers, tomatoes, olives, and cucumbers into a large bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for about 20 minutes to cool it down.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, balsamic and salt, and feta cheese and stir.
- Mix in the dressing with the quinoa mixture until well combined.
Note: you can serve right away but I prefer cooling in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.