- 4 pork loin chops (approx 8 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
Felt the need to make a mango Margarita…yum!
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8-12 (depending on one’s love of coleslaw😜)
4-5 Cups finely chopped or shredded cabbage – red or green
1 Cup white vinegar
1 Cup sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
* 1 Cup of Duke’s mayo (optional)
* Poppy seeds (optional)
1. Place shredded cabbage in a bowl.
2. Mix in the vinegar and sugar.
3.Cover and place in refrigerator a few hours or overnight.
1 hr 20 min
PREP 5 min
INACTIVE 1 hr
COOK 15 min
YIELD 6 servings
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice (no sugar added or freshly squeezed)
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
One 12-ounce bag cranberries
1. Combine the sugar, orange juice, 1/2 cup water, salt and and cranberries in a medium saucepan.
2.Bring up to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes.
3.Let cool completely before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 sandwiches
3/4 lbs of deli sliced chicken breast (I like oven roasted, but any kind will do)
1/3 lb sliced cheese of your choice – provolone, Swiss, or muenster are nice and melt very well
1/4 lb of frozen sliced peppers (red, yellow, and green) and onions
2 hearty rolls – Kaiser or brioche are amazing
Pepper and seasoned salt to taste
1. In a skillet saute the peppers and onions with a little bit of butter.
2. Next, add the chicken.
3. Break the chicken apart with the spatula as it cooks. Continue to cook over med-high heat for about 5-7 minutes.
4. Tear the cheese into small pieces and add it to the pan letting it melt completely.
5. Add pepper and seasoned salt to the mix and continue to cook for another minute or two.
6. Butter the rolls and toast them until they are lightly browned.
7. Place spoonfuls of the chicken Philly mixture onto the rolls and enjoy!
This wonderful side dish is always accompanied by Athena chicken in our house. The dishes complement each other very well.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 25-35 minutes
4 cups diced potatoes (red, yellow, white). I leave the skins on for more flavor
1 cup green onions sliced
1/4 cup rosemary (fresh or dried)
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup EVOO
Salt & pepper to taste